aqualia in the world
In 2010, aqualia became the largest integral water cycle management company in Spain. The boost to the growth of its international business (with the securing of new contracts) and the reinforcement of its diversification strategy were two key factors in 2009.
strong>aqualia's main international projects are as follows:
- Algeria: Mostaganem and Cap Djinet. The construction and operation of two desalination plants (with a capacity of 200,000 m3/day and 100,000 m3/day respectively) for 25 years, providing desalinated water to more than 1,500,000 people.
- China: Benhu (Anhui province). The treatment of waste water in an area with a population of 2,000,000 for 25 years.
- Czech Republic. SmVaK, the subsidiary of aqualia in the Czech Republic, serves more than 1,100,000 people and is the main operator in Moravia and Silesia.
- Egypt: Design, construction and operation for a period of 20 years of a plant in New Cairo.
- Italy: Caltanissetta (Sicily). Integral water cycle management in 22 towns to provide services to 280,000 people.
- Mexico: Building an ETAP, three pumping stations and a pipeline of 132km. In El Realito.
- Mexico: Querétaro. Execution of the Acueducto II project to provide potable water to 700,000 people.
- Portugal: Abrantes. aqualia has provided waste water management services for 41,000 people since 2007, and will do so for the next 25 years.